This is kind of like a clay-pot rice dish, but much simpler.
I find this is enough for 1-2 people.
- 2 cups of rice
- Dry shitake mushrooms
- Lapcheong Chinese sausage
- Minced ginger (optional)
- An hour before cooking, rehydrate the mushrooms by soaking them in water. Once rehydrated, slice them thin.
- Wash the rice under water until it mostly runs clear.
- In a pot with a lid, add the rice and enough water to submerge the rice by about 1/2 inch of water.
- Top with sliced mushrooms, sliced Chinese sausage, and minced garlic.
- Cook in a rice cooker or on the stovetop at medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for another 20 minutes.
- Gently fluff the rice with a spoon or spatula, then serve.